In this DIY online upholstery workshop all fabric, materials and step by step instructions are included. You will be taught about all the tools and techniques to make a stool, footstool or bench, finished shallow buttoning.
Once learnt these skills can be used again and again to create beautiful pieces of furniture.
In this beginner’s upholstery course, you’ll learn:
About the upholstery tools you need to make your furniture.
The materials you need to make your furniture.
How to create and upholster your furniture in easy step by step videos and workbooks.
- You will need approximately 3-4 hours to complete the workshop if you choose to complete it in one go. Or you can take your time and complete it in smaller steps.
- Once you’ve purchased the specific online workshop it is yours to keep.
This frame kit contains every item you will need. Select the colour of your fabric when you purchase the course.
- Solid hardwood frame
- Footstool leg – Turned Wooden Feet (hardwood) – please choose natural or wax finish
- Stool leg – Mid century wooden style leg –finished with natural wax.
- Elasticated Webbing
- Bottom cover
- Buttoning twine
- Buttons matched to your fabric choice
- Spray adhesive
- Fabric of your choice cut to size
Choose one of the following colours from the Warwick Amatheon Wool Range. This fabric is sustainable and made from recycled materials.
If you cannot find a suitable colour, others are available from this range and can be viewed in this link. Please note that they will take an extra 7 days to order in.
After you have completed the purchase for your online workshop you will gain access to it via the account you created. You will receive your frame kit and fabric via recorded delivery approximately 7-10 days after your order is received. Delivery is included to mainland UK
Please note you will need to provide your own tools which are detailed in the Online Workshop.
As a minimum you will need:
- Staple Gun & Staples
- Buttoning Needle
- Tape measure
- You may also need a staple remover and pincers to remove staples if you make a mistake
If you haven’t already got your tools you can get a starter upholstery kit from
https://mytoolkit.co.uk/collections/easy-kits/upholstery-kits receive a 5% discount using promotion code discount SH-UPHOLSTERY