Making a Mark in the Chapel’s History
Having taken on the chapel in 2016, it wasn’t just a physical renovation we were undertaking, we were also becoming part of the history of this beautiful building that originated in the village in 1892.
Ivan Kirkham officially opened the workshop for us in March 2018. It seemed very poignant & personal to us as He was the last custodian & warden of the chapel when it closed in 2014. We welcomed people from the community to see the building renovation & we’ve heard so many wonderful stories of days gone by of how the chapel was used by so many people from the village for pantomimes, youth clubs, marriages, christenings and many other memorable occasions.