Small or Large Footstool or Stool or Bench with Piping & Fabric Panels Workshop
You have the choice to make a small or large footstool, stool or bench finished with double pleat detailing, piping and fabric borders on this one-day upholstery workshop.
What you will learn
- About the different tools and materials needed for upholstery. These are all detailed in your course handout to take home at the end of the day.
- Techniques like stapling elasticated webbing and hessian to the wooden frame, glueing foam to the hessian.
- To measure and template your fabric, cutting, stapling to your stool frame, and finishing it with double pleat corners.
- To make piping and finish your furniture with fabric borders.
- To finish and fix the legs to your furniture.
Useful information and what’s included
- You will be provided with all the materials, tools and fabric to make your furniture (you will need to choose your fabric when booking).
- Bench / Stool – You have the option to choose from either industrial hairpin legs or mid-century style wooden legs. Please select your choice when booking.
- Large or Small Footstool feet – choose from a natural or dark wax. Please select your choice when booking
- The course will start at 9.15am finishing at 4.30pm.
- Hot drinks are included throughout the day.
- You will need to bring your own lunch with you.
A range of fabrics are included within the cost of the workshop. Choose from these ranges and colours. Please detail your choice when booking. Free samples can be requested directly from the supplier.
Alternatively you can choose to bring 1m of your own fabric suitable for upholstery use.
Stool – 50cm wide x 40cm deep x 49cm high
Bench – 90cm wide x 40cm deep x 49cm high
Small Footstool – 50cm wide x 40cm deep x 29cm high
Large Footstool – 61cm wide x 61cm deep x 29cm high
Stool / Small Footstool – £195
Large Footstool – £215
Bench – £235