Make Memories this Mother’s Day and celebrate with a Footstool Upholstery Workshop in Cheshire.
Our Upholstery workshops are a great activity for a mother and daughter or son to do with each other. Celebrate together, sharing a creative experience, building memories and a piece of furniture to last a lifetime. Relax and enjoy a lovely afternoon tea from Ginger Fool Afternoon Tea in our beautiful converted chapel.
You will learn about the tools and materials needed for upholstery and how to make a beautiful footstool which you will proudly take home at the end of the day. The buzz of the day will continue when you get home when you share fun pictures with each other with the footstools in situ. It will be a talking point amongst friends and family in weeks and months to come as they see your new stool and ask where you made it.
You will have the choice of two footstool sizes. Small measures 50cm x 40xm x 30cm high or Large 60cm x 60cm x 30cm high.
On the day you will learn how to make a stylish footstool. For each stool you will be provided with the frame, legs, upholstery materials and a choice of fabric. You will learn how to;
- Glue the foam to the wooden frame,
- Glue and staple dacron in place ready for the top fabric.
- Measure your fabric and learn to upholster it to your footstool, including double pleating and your footstool corners.
- Fix the black bottom cloth to your foostool.
- Finish and fix the legs to your stool.
The cost per ticket is £340 this is a workshop experience for 2 people (equivalent to £170 each)
What’s included in the day?
- You make a footstool each with a choice of footstool size (small or large). We will provide you with all the materials, tools and a choice of fabric. When you book your space please confirm your fabric either Warwick Plush Velvet, Warwick Krayola, Warwick Dolly or Warwick Flowerbomb Velutto
- Hot beverages throughout the day
- For lunch indulge in a special afternoon tea supplied by Ginger Fool Afternoon Tea
- It all takes place in our beautiful workshop, a converted chapel in Scholar Green, Cheshire.
- The workshops will run on Friday 25th March 2022 from 9.30am – 2.45pm. We keep the class size to no more than eight people so you will get lots out of the day
- The upholstery workshop is only suitable for over 18s.
When you book your place you will need to;
- Confirm your footstool size Small (measures 50cm x 40xm x 30cm high) OR Large (60cm x 60cm x 30cm high)
- Confirm your fabric choice and colour. You can view the fabric colours available Warwick Plush Velvet, Warwick Krayola, Warwick Dolly or Warwick Flowerbomb Velutto and order free fabric samples via the Warwick website.
- Confirm if you would like your footstool legs to be finished with a natural or dark wax.
- Let us know of any specific dietary requirements you have eg: vegan, allergies, non dairy etc