Would you like to give your home interior a new lease of life but aren’t sure where to start?
Do you have ideas but don’t know how to bring a design together so it doesn’t end up looking like a jumble of stuff?
Do you want your home to be full of your own personal style and design taste’s so it makes you feel happy to be at home?
Your home has a huge impact on your health and wellbeing, being in surroundings that make you feel happy and at home.
It’s easier said than done though it takes skill, time and energy to put interior room schemes together. Instagram and Pinterest can make it all look effortless.
If you want to shop from one shop and have it all done for you this isn’t the workshop for you. Where is the fun and individualism in that? Wouldn’t it be amazing if you could have the skills, solution and inspiration to pull together your own room scheme. So that your home is decorated to your tastes.
Fancy a fun day, meeting some lovely people and being inspired?
Join Emma Semper Hopkins from Semper Hopkins Upholstery & Interiors. I love my home, after going through a huge house renovation, I know the challenges that you will go through. It’s fun finding your own personal interior style, and you’ll find my hobby is my home! I have young children, so I understand your home needs to be lived in and can’t look like a show home everyday!
On this one-day introductory interior design course, we’ll help you find your own personal interior style – what do you love and hate about your current interiors. What makes you happy in your home.
We’ll share our skills, passion and knowledge to show you how to create your own design board for a room of your choice, giving you the skills, solutions and inspiration you need to potentially tackle the rest of your house if you want to.
The workshop all takes in Emma’s beautiful converted methodist chapel in Scholar Green, set in the Cheshire countryside. You’ll get plenty of one-to-one attention, learning together in a relaxed, sociable environment where no experience is required.
What will be covered on the day
Finding your personal style –
- Emma will share her personal style and examples to give you inspiration
- Bring along any items (if they are small) from home that you love, or pictures of things that inspire you and make you happy
Work on your own design board –
- Discover the key elements of design
- Colour wheel explained. You will have your own mini colour wheel to take home.
- Learn money-saving secrets without compromising on style; tips and tricks to create unique and stylish artworks for your home; and ideas on how you could up-cycle your own furniture and furnishings to become more sustainable
- Work on your own design board – bring along any materials that you may already have e.g. wallpaper samples, colour charts, fabric swatches, pictures from magazines that may inspire you etc
Please note – if you don’t fully complete your design board on the day you can take colour swatches, fabrics samples to finish at home.
- Hot and cold drinks are provided throughout the day. You will need to bring your own lunch.
- Preparation –
- it would be really useful if you have a room in mind so that you work on an actual project on the day.
- Bring along any ideas and inspiration you may already have.
- Take pictures of the existing room, bring measurements of the room, and have a good idea of the key pieces of furniture that will be staying in the room.
- I will also show you how to create your design board electronically, so if you have a laptop bring it with you..
Workshop times from 9.30am finishing at 2.30pm.
Price £99 per person