Deep Buttoned Crate Upholstery Workshop
You will make a Deep Buttoned Storage Crate on this one-day upholstery workshop.
You will learn
- About the different tools and materials needed for upholstery. These are all detailed in your course handout to take home at the end of the day.
- How to prepare the foam for deep buttoning including marking out the foam, drilling holes, and applying dacron.
- How to prepare your fabric including marking out for buttoning, measuring and cutting the fabric
- The process behind planning where the buttons will go. How to make your own fabric buttons, and how to deep button your furniture. Including pleating and finishing of your piece.
Useful information and what’s included
- You will be provided with all the materials and tools needed to make your furniture.
- Hot drinks are included throughout the workshop.
- You will need to bring your own food with you.
- Short day workshop runs from 9.30am finishing at 2.45pm.
- Night workshop runs Tuesday 6-9pm (for two consecutive Tuesdays as per event calendar)
Fabric is included within the cost of the workshop. Please detail your colour choice when booking. Free samples can be requested directly from the supplier.
50cm wide x 40cm deep x 38cm high