You have the choice to make a deep buttoned bench or large footstool on this one-day upholstery workshop.
You will learn
- About the different tools and materials needed for upholstery. These are all detailed in your course handout to take home at the end of the day.
- Techniques like stapling elasticated webbing and hessian to the wooden frame, glueing foam to the hessian.
- How to prepare the foam for deep buttoning including marking out the foam, drilling holes, and applying dacron.
- How to prepare your fabric including marking out for buttoning, measuring and cutting the fabric
- the process behind planning where the buttons will go. How to make your own fabric buttons, and how to deep button your furniture. Including pleating and finishing off your piece.
- To finish and fix the feet to your furniture
Useful information and what’s included
- You will be provided with all the materials and tools needed to make your furniture.
- Bench – You have the option to choose from either industrial hairpin legs or mid-century style wooden legs. Please select your choice when booking.
- Large Footstool feet – choose from a natural or dark wax. Please select your choice when booking
- The course will start at 9.30am finishing at 4.30pm.
- Hot drinks are included throughout the day.
- You will need to bring your own lunch with you.
Fabric is included within the cost of the workshop. Please detail your colour choice when booking. Free samples can be requested directly from the supplier.
Bench – 90cm wide x 40cm deep x 49cm high
Large Footstool – 66cm wide x 48cm deep x 29cm high
Large Footstool – £255
Bench – £255